Hettich

In the heart of the German furniture industry

Hettich's history is defined by outstanding engineering achievements and bold enterprising decisions. Developing a purpose-built machine, the so-called bending machine, Karl Hettich in 1888 mechanised the production of anchor escapements for Black Forest cuckoo clocks. When August Hettich developed a production line for piano hinges in 1928, he was treading new technical terrain, setting the course for the group's present activities in the furniture industry.

Taking a tremendous gamble in 1930, Paul, August and Franz Hettich set up a new company in Herford. The move to East Westphalia-Lippe took the Swabian brothers to the heart of the German furniture industry. With time, the products changed. Today we manufacture technology for furniture.

The company group is wholly owned by the Hettich family, and with Dr. Andreas Hettich taking over at the helm in 2005, the company's management entered its fourth generation.